Saturday, October 10, 2009

Lookin' Good Don't Come Easy

In case you were wondering these are high fashion shoes for a 2 year old! Drew insisted on wearing these ALL day today. I tried to persuade her that these might not be the best choice in footwear due to the chili temperatures, but she wasn't hearing it. These are what she wore while we ran some errands, visited the car lot to see her daddy and most of the time we were at home. Needless to say they definitely did not go with the jeans and shirt she was wearing.

Well after a day of wearing these, Little Miss Fashionista found out that beauty can come at a price...


These pictures don't quite do her little toe justice, but those "high fashion heels" left two NASTY blisters on her pinky toe.
She's learned at an early age that cute shoes are usually not the most comfortable. I think most girls can agree (and their feet) that "lookin good ain't always easy"! As they say... No pain-No gain!


We fixed those ouies up tonight with some Nemo band-aids... maybe tomorrow she will make a more practical shoe choice ;) ... maybe

5 comments:

  1. That's hilarious. We don't have to worry about high heels, he just wants to be a fireman everyday. HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Christa! Freaking out right now!! I just came across your blog through Evelyn Wade's blog. I about fell over when I saw that your baby girl's name is Drew Elizabeth also!! I had heard through the grapevine that your little girl's name was Drew too after I named Drew. But then when I saw your blog and saw her full name I about died...craziness! We came up with Drew b/c we wanted a simple D name to go with Deimel. And Elizabeth came from my dear grandmother who passed away. How did you come up with her name? And congrats on baby...I'm still freaking out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christa,

    I just came across your blog. Your daughter is gorgeous! Congrats on the second baby!

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drew, despite what your mom tells you, don't let a little blister keep you from wearing those fancy heels again-it's always worth it when you can look that good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drew is so cute! We got Boston a pair of these for her birthday but we havent given them to her yet.. shes really into bandaids too so i cant only imagine what will be next! Hope all is well with you guys!

    ReplyDelete