Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas at the Hudspeth House

Well, I have enjoyed looking at everyone's Christmas decorations and trees on other blogs, so... I thought I might put a few of ours on the blog to show our Christmas spirit. Not that any of our decorations are anything to rave about, but it's kinda fun to let people see!

I wanted to start with a couple of Christmas traditions in our house... First, as Anna and I were growing up my mom would buy a Hallmark ornament for each of us. She did this each year until we got to college. After we were married she gave us all of our Hallmark ornaments that had been collected through the years. I have started this same tradition with Drew and we our up to our third ornament this year.
All of mine are on this tree (pictured below) in mine and Brandan's bedroom. The few that I have for Drew are on this tree also, but the little tree is getting quite full so I think I am going to have to do another tree for all of Drew's.

My very first Hallmark ornament!


Next, is a tradition that Drew's Nana started for her this year. The Elf on the Shelf. Drew has named the little elf Al, but I must say she really isn't into the whole concept this year. I hope next year it will be more exciting for her. It is something we will enjoy for many years to come!


Onto some of the Christmas decorations... I go for the traditional red and green. This is the tree in the living room
This is one of my favorite ornaments on the tree... Winking Elf


The mantle... also red and green
Just a close up of what is on the mantle

This is the breakfast table and hanging from the light are big red and green jingle bells!


Tree in the dining room... this tree is a little more bright and fun



And finally Drew's tree... pink, blue and lime green




Last but not least one of my favorite things in the house... Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus


Just wanted to leave you with a recent picture of baby Michael... pretty sweet, huh!?
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

1 comment:

  1. Your house looks beautiful! Daniel and I saw the Elf on the Shelf the other day and thought that would be such a fun thing for the kids, too!

    ReplyDelete