Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Drew made the sweetest little Mother's Day gift for me at mother's day out. She (and she really did do it by herself :) put the dry ingredients to the "Crazy Cake" recipe in a mason jar and made a precious card. Inside the card her teacher had printed some of the verses from Proverbs 31

Her children arise and call
her blessed;
her husband also, and he
praises her:

"Many women do noble
things,
but you surpass them
all."
Charm is deceptive, and
beauty is fleeting;

but a woman who fears the
Lord is to be praised.
Give her the reward she has
earned,
and let her works bring her
praise at the city gate.

What inspiring words to live by as a mom. I hope that when my kids look back they will be able to say those things about me, although there are more days than not I fall extremely short. Thanks to all the mom's who work so hard at being the best mom they know how to be, thank you to my mom for working towards being the Proverbs woman and setting a good example for Anna and me.

Happy Mother's Day!


My gift from Drew


After dinner and a bath getting ready to make the cake

No comments:

Post a Comment