Friday, July 8, 2011

Ahhh Aspen!

June 10-13 my mom and Brandan took care of Drew and Bennett and I was able to get away with some of my best girl friends to Aspen, CO! It was such a fun trip and a nice break, but I will admit by that last night I was missing my family. Here are a few pictures from our beautiful weekend!
This was my view from the plane window as we were flying in from Denver to Aspen... and I was beginning to think my maxi dresses and sandals were going to be a bit chilly for the weather
Luckily, the weather was AWESOME and we packed just right! Mid 70's during the day and a little cooler at night. Laying on a chair in the backyard, I could see the snowcapped mountains in the distance, yet feel the nice warm sun on my face....ahhh so nice!
One morning we took a bike ride which was a BLAST! We biked to a tavern for a yummy lunch and even yummier margaritas!
Holly (bride to be :) and I




In town... Apen is a really neat town....One road in one road out. Super clean and beautiful. GREAT people watching!! Rows of little shops and stores. The shopping was minimal though... Gucci, Prada-you know things of that retail- not really in my budget haha! They did have a Gap and J.Crew!
Just stuck my phone out the window and clicked...not one corner of bad scenery :)
Chapel

Taking a little rest from walking around in the Hotel Jerome


Rach, Sarah, and Holly
Dinner out one night- where we saw Trista and Ryan from the Bachelor and Bachelorette! They had their kids too, it was really cute.

Great girls trip and even greater girls!!

4 comments:

  1. That looks like the best girls trip ever! I've never been there, but your pictures are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, talk about pictures your friends should not post of you...what is with my shirt in the group biking pic?? no world, i am not pregnant! for the sake of everyone else, i'm letting these pictures slide :) can't wait to all be together again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good grief amelia! I don't think anyone thought that! I actually never even noticed, but i fixed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, christa, you didn't have to delete it! I just thought it was funny bc of our conversation about that on the trip. :) you can go ahead & add it back because really i think the other one of me sitting on the couch is just as bad, ha! :)

    ReplyDelete