Monday, July 5, 2010

July 4th, 2010

We had a nice 4th of July this year. We spent the day at my mom and dad's house. We had first thought we would go to the lake, but considering we just sold the boat- we figured it might be a little better to just stay here by the pool. We had a late breakfast, swam for a while, then the boys took naps while the girls watched a movie, swam some more, then grilled and ate again... pretty relaxing day.
I will say, I was a little worried at first about how the day was going to go because Drew started in on her "whining and crying about every little thing" bit (she's been doing that a lot lately) but she and I took a little ride in the car and had a serious discussion about how we were going to act. She came around and we had a great time.
It was nice to be out in the sun- eating , relaxing and having fun.



Bennett loved floating in this floaty... he literally didn't make a peep, just floated around watching Drew and Evie play... He's so sweet :)













Michael-he's getting so big






These two pictures make me laugh because I caught Drew in mid "pee pee" dance- I noticed this as I was taking the pictures and yes she did need to go!









Drew and Michael





This picture is my prize of the day. Brandan and Chad had no idea I took this and actually still have no idea. Anna brought to my attention that they were "soaking in some rays" and we snapped the pictures from an upstairs window. The irony about the whole situation... do you think Anna and I got a chance to do this with no kids crawling all over us... ummm-NO...




Bennett trying to get a taste of Drew's ice cream sunday

Evie cooling off with her ice cream and a little chocolate syrup


Hope everyone had a nice holiday! Thanks to all the men and women who fight and have fought for our freedom and give us a reason to celebrate!

1 comment:

  1. Such cute pictures-love the pee pee dance! Glad y'all had a fun family weekend. I have a feeling that my days of lounging poolside may be over too :)

    ReplyDelete