Wednesday, July 21, 2010

They Get Big Too Fast

All of these pictures are from exactly 2 summers ago when the girls were a year old and man, how time slips away. I can't believe how much the girls have grown and the hair (or lack of) is so funny! The pictures make me tear up a little because in those moments I thought she was so big and now looking back she was still a baby. I feel like I spent alot of time wishing Drew's "baby-ness" away.... "when would she eat baby food, wishing she would hurry up and crawl, wishing she would start walking", etc.. etc... Instead of just being in the moment. I'm trying to do a better job of just "being" with she and Bennett these days. The phrase "it won't be like this for long" keeps go over and over in my head. I have to remind myself that these phases and stages will soon slip away and to hold on to each precious moment while it's here.


She turned a year old while we were in Florida


At the park


DJ Drew





Finley and Drew- swimsuit models


Look at Evie's hair!



Poor Drew still doesn't have much more hair than she did then

2 comments:

  1. Honey so true!! I tear up every time that "it won't be like this for long" song come on...some days I just ball like a baby! Precious pictures...precious memories:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that one! I need to remind myself of that every day. Hope y'all are doing well. Maybe I can come see you one of these days:)

    ReplyDelete