Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Drew's Big Spill

This year we went to Florida the last week in August, the 22nd (Sunday) to be exact. Well on the 20th (Friday) we were playing out in the drive way...I was reading my magazine, Bennett was in the exersaucer and Drew was playing quietly with her toys. All of a sudden she trips and falls (no big deal I thought, that happens all the time) she comes up screaming hysterically saying her face was bleeding.
I turn to look at her and see that the skin has been stripped smooth off! She fell face first into the concrete... I mean nothing else hit, but her face! My mom was just leaving the neighborhood, so I had her come back and help me clean it, which was loads of fun. The skin was so raw! These pictures are of the "booboo" each day as it got progressively worse. It scabbed over quickly, but she had a lot of swelling. I mentioned that we were leaving for Florida two days after this happened... well, the beach was actually the best thing for her. I was worried the salt water would really sting, but it actually didn't and it healed it within like two days! We used the zinc sunscreen that totally blocked out the sun and it was somewhat healing for her face as well. I'll let the pictures say the rest...
Day One... fresh after the fall






Day Two... just waking up and a little swollen







Day Three... eye almost completely swollen shut and headed to the beach





Day Five... after a day in the ocean... almost good as new-almost






Monday after returning from the beach...


It has been right at a month since she fell and you can still see the pink and the scar. We are putting Mederma on it twice daily, and I am praying that it completely goes away sometime in October. Phew... it's no fun when your kids get hurt like that :)

2 comments:

  1. DANG! Is all I have to say about that! Bless her heart! I am glad she is ok and it is healing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! I hurt for her...and you! I am so glad it is healing up. poor thing!

    ReplyDelete