Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The First Day

This is what Drew's teacher gave me on my way out from dropping her off at her first day of preschool...(along with a package of tissues :)
The First Day
I gave you a little wink and smile
As you entered my room today.
For I know how hard it is to leave
And know your child must stay.
You've been with her for 3 years now
And have been a loving guide,
But now, alas, the time has come
To leave her at my side
Just know that as you drive away
And tears down your cheeks may flow
I'll love her as I would my own
And help her learn and grow.
I do know how quickly the years can pass
I too have dropped my child at class.
So please put your mind at ease
And cry those tear no more
For I will love her and take her in
When you leave her at my door.
**********
Pulls at your heartstrings doesn't it?! Although, actually, I didn't cry today. Drew was so excited and so happy, I just couldn't find it in me. I think the thing that makes today so emotional isn't that she is gone from me, I mean she is only there for 2 and a half hours, mother's day out was twice that long... it's the fact that it is the beginning of it all...like she's teetering at the top of the hill, but soon the ball will be rolling and off we go...kindergarten, middle school, high school- I've got to stop there- the lump in my throat is steadily growing! At least I can say it is a wonderful beginning to it all. Drew was so excited and I am more than happy about the sweet little preschool where she will spend the next two years. Here are a few pictures from our morning.

Drew, Brandan and Brandan's twin (aka Bennett)
Brandan waited to go to work so he could go with us to preschool
The backpack is as big as she is...


I love this picture





Ready to go!



Having a little discussion about their backpacks





Big smile after her first day



I'm in preschool ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment