Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Purple to Pink

Drew had her check up today. They took some more x-rays and saw that it was healing well and told us that we will not need to do pins! Yeah!! Very glad about that! She chose to switch colors from purple to pink. I was a little partial to the purple, but the signatures will show up much better on the pink :) As Drew said, " It was purplicious now it's pinkalicious"...can't go wrong with that! We were definitely not alone in the broken arm department, there were literally like 5 other kids with casts coming in for appointments while we were there. I was getting tickled because they were all "eyeing" each other checking out their casts. Camo seemed to be quite popular :)
Bye bye purple
Drew did not care for the saw...at all! It was loud, felt hot on her arm and poor thing was scared to death they were about to cut her arm off :( She was crying and screaming at the nurse to STOP! It made me so sad.


Hello Pink! I must say she wasn't quite as excited about the cast this time. Knowing how it will have to come off made her not want another one. She was brave and tough though! Although she cried a little and was less than thrilled about the saw she smiled nearly the whole time... sweet girl ;)

3 comments:

  1. Such a cutie! Bless her heart! I hope the time goes by fast for her with this cast. It makes me so sad when my little one's cry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor baby! So happy that she did not need surgery. Love the Pink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I broke my leg when I was 2. I still remember that saw. I threw a fit every time Mom took me to children's for them to change my cast. Looked a lot like a chain saw to me. I thought it was going to cut my leg, for sure.
    Glad Drew is smiling. She is one big girl!

    ReplyDelete